Monday 12 April 2010

WEEKEND PhUN

The comical aspect of the past weekend does not escape me. Ever since 18 September 2007, the day I returned to London from years of global straying, I have bemoaned the lack of sunshine and the miserable weather prevailing for some 330 days of the year. If it isn't for the occasional visits to South Africa or the frequent excursions to France I wouldn't even know what the Sun looks like any more.

Come April 10th 2010 - feeling courageous to venture out with Her on a boat trip on London's canals to celebrate the sudden return of sunshine in anticipation of a Labour rout in May, and EURO suffers a sunburn! Arms and face ripened like tomato (or strawberry, to make it a bit more palpable), we had to get me the after-the-fact lotions to soothe the pain and provide necessary moisture for the scorched skin. Sitting on the terrace of a pleasant eatery along the River Thames in Little Venice in the late afternoon and sipping from a Bloody Mary I had to listen to her puns, such as, "How pale the drink looks compared to your face." Ta!

The weekend was fabulous though. I cooked once (actually it was not cooked at all: (beef) steak tartar; oh si très bon!!), we went to brunch on Sunday in Camden (the Lock Tavern) and had catered Japanese meal in the evening (sushi only as starters) for a party of six. It all went by far too quickly, but I look forward already to Paris this coming weekend. Now that I'm acclimated for more sun, inside and out.

Parting shot, just for four days until Saturday

When I took her MSN picture last August I had no idea where it would lead to 5 months later;
better late than never, I should have seen in her eyes what has become so obvious for me since.

Emily wants to visit - oh quelle ironie - Edinburgh in early May (probably 8-10). Looks like we'll meet up with 2 friends in Newcastle (oh quelle quelle ironie! lmao) and drive north of the border. I hope I can keep my mouth shut while in hostile territory...

Current Music Link: Belinda Carlisle – Circle In The Sand

No comments: