Saturday 27 March 2010

P-i-P


Passover in Paris

Ironically Saturday is the day I get up earliest, ever since my work shift has been changed to 11AM-9PM as head of the North American desk. So, it was 6:15 this morning when the alarm went off, and to get to St Pancras on time for the glass of bubblies there and the train to Gare du Nord. I'm excited, being invited to share Passover with friends - especially Her - in the City of Lights.

I will not come empty-handed: during a break (and lull in the financial markets) yesterday afternoon I quickly went over to the Chocolate Festival at Southbank Centre Square and bought 2 bags (and I mean shopping bags) full of various choccie delights, tons of truffles, a giant Easter egg from exhibitor Hotel Chocolat and a cake. After work the stuff made it home safely and it is now stored in a cooling box I take along through the cross-border chunnel. Anything to declare? Hahaha, the green door for me!

Judging from the high frequency of text exchanges last night, Emily looks very much forward to a reunion, and the treats. We'll return together late Tuesday as I convinced her that London is the second-best location to spend Easter at. I just have to live up to her expectations...

Current Music: Ysa Ferrer – On Fait L'amour - Radio Edit

No comments: