Monday 7 December 2009

Good weekend

It was a good weekend: mild weather, exciting sports events, enchanting chat with the One, post-Thanksgiving reminiscing family ties from CT (that's the Mother City, literally), CA to WA (that's the States), bargain deals to re-stock the bar (e.g., a bottle of Chartreuse for £13.89, Drambuie for £12.89 [the only decent thing originating in Scotland], Chivas Regal for £15.89, Remy Martin for 16.89 and Glenfiddich for 14.89!) and nice Saturday evening with friends ending up buying hotels left and right, even if it was just on a popular board game...

Among the sports high-lights that made my weekend complete:


  • My home team Chelsea was beaten 2-1, and nobody seems to be fazed;

  • My team to rout for in the Championship won 2-0, leading the table and is 8 points clear of the third placed team, well on course to return to Premier status in 2010;

  • My man (where the money was) not only beat his opponent; Amir Khan demolished the New Yorker in 1:16 minutes; that was within the attention span of even the daftest Anglochat members, KMHii, Valfreya and Palaminogirl;

  • My team (10-2) in College Football has been chosen to fight LSU (9-3) on Jan 1st in the Capital One Bowl, Orlando, FL; GO Nittany Lions!

  • Finally, my team in the NFL lost again, against my daughter's home team - so all is well on that front too...

    I also had my skates sharpened for the new season, as my favourite ice rink has opened again. The setting of the place couldn't be more enticing. And they serve the bestest Hot Chocolate you can imagine. Bring on the winter, I say.
  • No comments: