Sunday 23 September 2012

Fall Day in London - Staring at the Sun

Yesterday was quite intense. We left home at 9:30 in the morning and returned only at 2am today - which also meant a slow awakening to rain today.



Yesterday, however, glorious sunshine at noon, and we hit Hyde Park and sat for a while in two rented deckchairs, holding hand and eyes wide shut.

When the senses are so acute, it's amazing what you can hear from a distance, either by fellow 'deckchairers' or by people just passing by. Judging from what we were able to pick up London must be hit by catastrophic collapses of relationships. Shreds of words that the soft breeze blew our way were:

"Oh god, he sucks... this relationship is shite ... you have to leave him, Shelly ... this is it, I'm never calling her back ... WTF did I do to deserve this? ... can't take him anymore ... she's a conniving bitch, she is ... oh fuck him, Karen ... yeah, fuck him ... Clive has serious problems with growing up ... I know him basically from Facebook - oh god no, be careful, they're all nutheads ... I demand the key from her .......

From time to time I felt a soft nudge from Emily, not sure if it was a signal that we fit the profile of such overheard drivel, or to make sure I don't doze off and miss all the diagnostic bon-mots.
 

After all that hoopla we made our way out of the park, with Emily taking a rare picture of me. The building in the background has great significance: it has a room named after me (or was that the other way 'round?).
 
 
After RAH we strolled down to Kensington High Street and checked into a hotel for a quickie. 12 hours without "it" makes we weak and we tanked energy for part-II of the day. It's address is Adam and Eve Mews, so you understand the heavenly connotation.
 
 
Talking of which:
 
 
 
It's official: Gelateria 3BIS at Borough Market is the best in the country; sheer Italian bliss.

The frozen delight comes in one size for me (large) and 2 more for the rest of the public (medium and small). The four scoops cost £4.50 - a bargain considering the money I save as I don't have to venture clear to Italy any more. Theoretically, 3 scoops are £3.80 and two scoops £3.00 - but that's out of the question for me anyway.

So folks, when in London, disembark at London Bridge station; from there it is a 2-minute walk to the branch of Heaven

No comments: