Thursday 20 September 2012

OFFICE MURMUR

US VOTE'12

A colleague (no, not the same one as yesterday) stopped by my office, which has become increasingly popular with fellow Conservatives since it has gained the notoriety of a hotbed for traitors, working for a leadership challenge to Cameron, and he noticed the Stars & Stripes on my desk.

"So, who's gonna be it, Oby or Rom-neigh?"
[Aware that this might be a trick question, my face took on a...
sour note and, with a deep sigh, I set out for an elaborate response]

"The truth? I wish Obama was a nut like Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer... but he is the opposite. The Republicans today are a mix of Opus Dei and Italy's Northern League, thoroughly unelectable on many levels. And this fish rots from the head.

I'd endorse a chimp, a warthog or a tree trunk rather than Romney. Hence, it will be Obama, in a landslide."

No comments: