Sunday 17 October 2010

On the mend

The intense pain has gone, but with an arm in a cast and some numbness in my right leg I can't say things are back to normal yet. I will be back at work tomorrow, having the luxury of a project- and result-oriented employer which allows for choosing the work hours and total hours in the office.

That means I am not taking off for SA as planned tomorrow. BA showed flexibility in re-scheduling the flight now for December 21st free of charge; had they not done so I would have shown even greater flexibility in switching to South African Airways (something I will seriously consider in the future). I mean, this is my third trip to SA this year alone, and if BA had insisted to be anal retentive about re-booking I would have told several people that also fly routinely this long haul, to leave BA for good and cut up their Frequent Flier membership (on my card are 142,000 bonus miles, for example).

Typing is a bit cumbersome these days, using only the right hand (the left is good for nothing except to press the key to switch to upper case. Four more weeks of operating under diminished capability. The culprit of the Sunday crash has been charged by the Met police, just a prelude to what I intend to do: sue the hell out of the fucker.

Current Music (Spotify enhanced): Najoua Belyzel – L'âme Exilée

No comments: