Monday 21 September 2009

Oh Paris, eyes wide shut

Paris was a blast; no other city in the world can match the excitement and vibrancy of the place. Three dinners, and two nights in town later, I suffer from severe sleep deprivation. A fact that remained not unnoticed by colleagues today as I dropped in straight from the train. It was a toothpicks day, to keep these blue eyes open.

There were a few things I realised over the weekend, and not all are comforting. The excitement of Le Sens, a glamorous nightspot and staying at Emily's could not gloss over the fact that I am aching for someone else from the recent past. I wish she knew. This love just won't go away quickly, and rather than seeking a quick remedy I refrained from any action one could interpret as cheating. In other, and simpler words: I am far from ready for a new relationship.

What helps, or complicates things, is that Emily understands and doesn't push. Sharing an apartment, especially one that is 290sqm big, did not amount to share the bed... It guaranteed that we had a weekend full of bliss and undiluted fun. Amongst her celebrity friends we went to see and partied with were Jarvis Cocker (yes, that God!!) Jane Birkin (ok, a true goddess!!).

We went to Le Sens which started out as a chic restaurant, before the music exploded when it turned into a club from midnight on. Emily knows the owner, so we were 'lucky' enough to be allowed in by the masked lady at the door. The music at Le Sens is simply superb! The resident DJ obviously thinks out his sets beforehand (or is a fantastic on the spot music-poet). The sound quality is amazing. A mixture of Rock, electro and dance which sent the crowd wild. With the lyrics from one song to another connecting nicely, shaping the mood of the dance floor. Exhilarating!

As I wasn't sure about the plans for the weekend, Emily took me shopping for what to wear for the two nights and to forget about the clothes I brought along. When it came to the time to check-out and pay, Emily took me quickly under her arm and whisked me out of the store. "It's all been taken care of, mon cher..." I only had to promise not to try to find out how much it had cost. I promised.

Music: ZAZIE - Je Suis Un Homme  Powered by: Last.fm

No comments: