Saturday 5 September 2009

Hit by a supernova

Being closely associated with London's Serpentine has many perks and advantages. The connections reach beyond the fine art of sculptures and paintings, but thankfully also extend to the vibrant music scene of London. Last night I was thrilled to meet a great singer, author and composer, Emily Loizeau. She's a 34-year old French/English artist (mother is English, father is French; her grandmother was the Award-winning actress Peggy Ashcroft) who provided an intimate setting of friends glimpses of her brilliant repertoire.

I was totally taken by her intense yet alluring presence on the little stage, and having her at our table for over an hour was just mesmerizing. I went home like in trance, absorbing an evening of sheer excitement and intrigue. I got home at around 11:30, poured a brandy and took a shower, when the phone rang. EL had gone to a club nearby, and called to summon me to join a group of 5 friends. And so I went, after midnight, and the night lasted until 6AM ... I am besotted. This is the subject of my infatuation at her best:

No comments: