Saturday 2 June 2012

A Green Piece and Cream

"Greenpeace" against chocolate ice cream
The self-righteous do-goodies frequently go on the rampage to justify their hilarious subsistence to the world. For me they never overcame the trauma of the sinking of their vessel Rainbow Warrior in July 1985 in Auckland Harbour by French agents. At the time I interned at Bank of New Zealand in Los Angeles, and could see for myself the Kiwis' reaction aft
er what they called an attack on New Zealand by France - ridiculous as it sounds. I rubbed my hands of joy (tempered by the fact that one person died in the incident).

And now the goofballs want to stop the production of chocolate ice cream, for reasons of "ecology, ethics, animal rights(!!) and sociology." Apparently they either believe that cocoa beans are living things, or that the pickers are animals. In any case, I say, "to hell with them!" I loooove chocolate ice cream, and if the blackies in the jungle get paid a cone of vanilla ice cream per day, that's fine by me too.

No comments: