Saturday 5 February 2011

(London) Weekend

Super Bowl Weekend, Go $$$$teeler$$$!

For Emily this is no laughing matter and so she kept her frowning face in Paris this weekend. When I asked her earlier in the week what she knows of US Football she brushed aside the question with a rather dismissive quip, "it's mainly played with an oddly shaped ball clutched close to the chest, and by walloping players who need oxygen as soon as they make 10 thumping steps which nevertheless could bring down Pont Neuf on a 'First Down'." What can I say? What is there to say, when faced with such disarming honesty and expertise, eh?

Anyway, I put my $250 on the Steelers, plus the 10 bucks on the spread. All in all, this was the worst betting season ever; still profitable, but with $330 a far cry from what I have been used to lately. Maybe the Steelers will save it. If not, there is always the next August coming to make a fresh start with the bookies.

Tonight I'm off with friends at the monthly regular meeting point, The Trader Vic's. Just thinking of tonight's meal makes my mouth water, still with a distinctive coffee taste though: the Krups machine works overtime this morning to blast away the last ramifications from last night... and ahead of the morning call from Paris.
Current Music (Spotify enhanced): JANE BIRKIN - Où Est La Ville?

No comments: