Monday 7 February 2011

Brilliant Game

It's been a great party and a fantastic Super Bowl. In the end I didn't mind to have lost the bets (and $372 in the process), the game was just too dramatic and enjoyable to watch. Compliments to both, Packers and Steelers.

The tally of minus $42 this season means the worst ever for me. While I won little more than 4,400 in the 2009/10 season, the second highest ever of my appr. 20 years of betting on college and pro football, yesterday's finale assured my first ever negative season. Oh well... 2010/11 starts in September, and it won't be easier: the safe bets on my 49ers to lose week after week - easy bets for the past 8 years - may come to an end, as a new coach (from Stanford!) will certainly boost San Francisco in the years to come. Unfortunately this comes at a time whe Penn State's fortunes look rocky. Unless Jo Pa comes up with yet another ace up his sleeve, as he's done so often for the past 50 years.

No comments: