Saturday 13 November 2010

L'art de vivre

Emily invited me and 2 of her girlfriends to a restaurant last night. It was the - gasp - La Tour D'Argent! The setting, cuisine and service were exceptional; no wonder we stayed from 8:30pm until past midnight.

When the moment came to fetch my AMEX card, Emily leaned gently over to me, blinked with her lashes innocently and assured me, "it's all taken care of, mon chéri." No bill presented, no moneys exchanged; she had it all previously arranged. And the fact that at the next table dined Catherine Deneuve and her entourage, and Emily struck up a brief conversation with her, only added to the classy evening out.

After dropping in at the Bus Palladium for a while, enjoying some leg exercises on the dancefloor, which I enjoyed especially after the de-casting of my left arm on the previous day, we finally arrived back home just after 3. Tonight we're invited to her mother's place in Neuilly.

Posted via BlackBerry

No comments: