Monday 21 November 2011

Sports Affiliations

With the frequent relocations in my life came (and went) a string of sports franchises that I have/had interest in. In soccer, past fanship included Austria Vienna, 1860 Munich, AS Monaco and Cosmos New York (all history for me), lasting sympathy for Fortuna Duesseldorf, Werder Bremen and Chelsea, and the newly emerged fanship for Paris St-Germain (PSG). Guess what, David Beckham is bound for PSG in January, that's the rumor buzzing along the Seine these days.
 
And finally, there are the teams I will always dig: US Football, the best team sport there is, and my fingers are crossed hard for the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Giants each season. What a joy it is to be a 49ers fan nowadays: yesterday they annihilated the Cardinals for the 8th straight win. San Francisco (9-1) could wrap up the NFC West with a win at Baltimore on Thursday and a loss by Seattle against Washington next weekend. So I wish for both, to my daughter's muted delight...

No comments: