Thursday 8 September 2011

Before 9-11

Before 9-11...

Two dates are etched into my memory: my date of birth and September 11th.
It doesn't matter if it were the 1st, the 10th or the umptieth anniversary of that fateful day in 2001. The pain never stops, good memories nearly edging out but never completely succeeding to destroy them: I did enjoy good times, so many of them, at the Windows On The World, the top notch eatery and bar way up above Lower Manhattan. I have been a Friday evening regular there when I worked just a stone's throw to the south.

The weekend will be solemn, in the presence of a loved one. She too has connections to the WTC: as an intern with CNN, when they were still located on Ground Level.

The picture I posted was the view from WOTW down on the World Financial Center; on 9-11-2001 both disappeared.

No comments: